SITE PLAN - Proposed Development Plan - to be in metric measurement and to include all of the following information:
· Zoning: Existing zoning and use of subject and adjacent lands.
· Buildings: Overall dimensions (in metres or millimetres) of all proposed buildings and structures on site, including distances from buildings to site boundaries (setbacks). Indicate type of buildings and number of floors.
For residential development that is subject to Site Plan Control, elevation and cross-section plans are required for:
i) buildings with less than 25 dwelling units that are located in a Row Housing Residential (R4) Zone or a High Density Residential (R5) Zone. [i.e. link dwelling, quadruplex, converted dwelling, boarding house, apartment building.]
ii) buildings with 25 or more dwelling units.
· Parking Areas: Labeled as to type (open, underground, carport, garage, etc.). Give total number of parking spaces with dimensions, and include all access routes, loading bays, overhead clearances, identification of handicapped spaces, etc. Parking areas in residential and commercial development require curbing. Curbing details must be provided.
· Driveway and Ramps: Give dimensions, and indicate location of ramps, circulation routes, all access locations, traffic directions, curbs, overhead clearances, etc. Show all turning radii.
· Site Services: The plan must indicate:
o location and size, in metric measurement, of all existing and proposed stormwater and sanitary sewers, hydrants, water, gas and electrical services, both subsurface and overhead;
o size and slopes of proposed utility systems;
o invert elevations of storm and sanitary sewer systems;
o anticipated sanitary and storm water sewer generation in litres per second (l/s);
o proposed surface drainage pattern with location and size of proposed culverts.
o standards to which all services and curbing are to be constructed (see Schedule "E" for OPSD standards).
· Location of all steps, terraces, gardens, fences, walls, monuments, fountains, signs, bank retention, etc.
· Existing features to be retained (natural and/or man made).
· Proposed vegetation (including existing vegetation to be retained) such as trees, shrubs and ground covers. Label using common botanical names, show areas to be sodded, seeded, hedged or treated with other materials (i.e. brick, stone, concrete). Existing vegetation: show species, protection measures, depth of proposed overburden, aeration measures, etc.
· Basement and first floor elevations.
· For garbage and storage areas, show: locations and major access, proposed screening such as fencing and/or hedging, collection method.
· Design features for disabled persons access - all projects shall provide for such access (i.e. depressed curbing, signage, on-site markings, dimensions, etc.)
· Areas labeled by function or type (i.e. parking areas, landscape areas, amenity areas, work areas).
· Lands dedicated to parks, open space, playgrounds and other recreation areas (refer to By-law 264-85, Schedule "F" of this manual).
· Spot elevations at 15 m intervals along centre line of road.
· Existing and proposed contours at every 0.5 m for slopes of less than 5% and at every 1.0 m for slopes greater than 5%.
· Spot elevations at key points such as building corners, lot corners, tops and bottoms of slopes, walls, curbs and steps, tops of proposed grate elevations, and invert elevations for all sewers. In addition, spot elevations 1.0 m outward from site corners (adjacent properties) are to be shown.
· Lot number and all lot lines.
· Stamp of Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario.
· Title, location, date of project, name and address of developer(s) and agent(s).
· North Arrow, scale, legend, Key plan.